Classic double glazed vs Design triple glazed composite windows
Westcoast produce two high performance energy efficient composite window and door ranges. To aid your decision-making process we examine the differences between our Classic double-glazed composite windows and our Design triple glazed composite windows…
CLASSIC DOUBLE-GLAZED COMPOSITE WINDOWS
A unique design manufactured with aluminium profiles and high density, slow grown, knot-free laminated timber, sourced from sustainable forests. With an elegant design and modern function, it’s easy to see why this is our most popular range.
- Available in inward and outward opening windows and doors, and sliding doors, in 28mm double glazing.
- Supplied as standard with an insulated glazed unit – Whole window U value down to 1.1 W/m2k for opening windows.
- A stylish choice that would suit most contemporary and classic homes – for a traditional feel you can add glazing bars for character.
DESIGN TRIPLE-GLAZED COMPOSITE WINDOWS
Our Design range offers a contemporary feel, suited to modern architecture with a deeper glass unit creating a minimal step between outer glass and frame for maximum light, a flush finish and simple, elegant lines.
- Available in outward opening windows and doors, and sliding doors, in 48mm triple glazing.
- The deeper glass unit removes the need for a step between frame and glass and creates a flush finish and clean lines.
- The Design series can be combined with integral glazing bars if preferred, but is at its best when used with simple large areas of glazing.
- The deeper triple glazed unit not only looks good, but provides greater efficiency – the larger glass cavity increases the windows thermal performance, giving you a U-value of 1.0 W/m2k for opening and 0.9 W/m2k for fixed windows.
WHETHER YOU CHOOSE DOUBLE OR TRIPLE-GLAZING THESE BENEFITS ARE THE SAME:
- Free rein to specify the size and shape of your bespoke composite windows and doors.
- Each window receives three coats of environmentally friendly water based paint applied by our in-house state of the art paint plant.
- A wide range of colours, transoms, mullions, glazing bars, handles, glass types, fixed or several different opening functions.
- The warm wood interior can be pine, oak or other timber species, finished in a lacquer, stain or colour of your choosing.
- Compliment your windows with terrace doors or even shaped fixed lights – there are limitless options to create your own bespoke solution.
Find out more about the options available on our HOMEOWNER GUIDANCE page: https://www.westcoastwindows.com/homeowner/guidance/