Make the most of the Summer weather with Swedish aluminium timber composite sliding doors
We’ve certainly been enjoying a fantastic summer this year, which always inspires us to get outside in the garden for entertaining, barbecues or just some simple relaxation (Swedish lagom style).
Whether you have a traditional or contemporary home, if you’re planning a self-build, extension or renovation, why not consider how you can benefit from integrating composite sliding doors into your project.
You’ve only got to visit self build websites or pick up the latest homes and interiors magazines to realise how popular it has become to create large areas of natural light in your home, inviting the outside in. Sliding doors allow you do this by creating a seamless flow between your indoor and outdoor space.
The benefits of composite sliding doors:
- Invite natural light into your home – We all feel better and full of energy when we’re surrounded by light. Sliding doors make the best possible use of daylight to increase the natural light into your home.
- Create big spaces – Sliding doors help you to maximise your indoor space and provide a sense of spaciousness by opening onto your outdoor space for the perfect flow from indoors to outside.
- Space saving – Sliding doors are space saving as they don’t intrude into your home or project externally like hinged or bi-fold doors. They simply glide along a track with one door sliding over the other, instead of swinging open.
- Practical and accessible – With a maximum width of 6 meters and a height of 2.4 meters our sliding doors provide significantly larger openings than traditional doors. Their easy glide action makes them quick and effortless to use, for easy access to the outside.
- Energy efficient – Our composite sliding doors can be double or triple glazed with low emissivity, argon gas filled sealed units incorporating only the best warm edge technology for maximum insulation. Along with the unique bonded aluminium timber construction the sliding doors benefit from exceptional weathertightness and low U-values to allow large uninterrupted views of your outdoor space in even the harshest of weathers. (Which means they’re not just for the summer!)
- Safe and secure – Westcoast Swedish composite sliding doors are designed and assembled for safety and convenient ease of operation. The robust construction combined with the use of high performance locking devices means the doors offer exceptional levels of security. All Westcoast Windows products have been successfully tested to PAS 24:2016 and are Secured by Design approved.
- Low maintenance – Westcoast Windows sliding doors combine a warm wood interior with low maintenance aluminium externally, available in a wide range of colours to suit your style and décor. Visit our Homeowner Guidance section and scroll down to APPEARANCE to view the full range of finishes.
- Glazing – Energy efficient glazing prevents heat loss and also minimises the sun’s solar energy entering the room and overheating your home without sacrificing daylight. With an expanse of clear glass, your sliding doors will allow unrestricted views of your outside – ideal for parents wishing to keep an eye on their children whilst allowing them to enjoy their outdoor space. We can provide a range of toughened and laminated glass to suit all safety requirements. Visit our Glass page for more information (at the bottom of the Guidance page).
Perhaps now you are convinced that composite sliding doors would be a great addition to your home? Take a look at our doors gallery below for more inspiration or download the SLIDING DOORS BROCHURE.
For further information and help planning your project call Westcoast Windows on 01359 241944 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org