Plan ahead for next summer – bring the outside in with composite aluminium timber sliding doors or bi-fold doors
We’ve been fortunate to have another lovely summer here in the UK with lots of opportunities to get outside and enjoy the great weather. But how about bringing the outside indoors? There’s nothing like the breeze of fresh air wafting through your house on a hot, stuffy day and the ability to take pleasure in your garden without sitting directly in the heat of the sun. Why not plan ahead now to enjoy these benefits next summer.
Whether you have a traditional or contemporary home, if you’re planning a self-build, extension or renovation, why not consider how you can benefit from integrating composite sliding doors or composite bi-fold doors into your project.
The benefits of composite aluminium timber sliding doors and bi-fold doors:
1. Let natural light into your home – We all feel better and more energetic when we’re surrounded by light. Sliding doors and bi-fold doors make the best possible use of daylight to increase the natural light into your home.
2. Create a seamless flow – Sliding doors allow you do this by creating a seamless flow between your indoor and outdoor space. Maximise your indoor space and provide a sense of spaciousness by opening onto your garden, patio or decking.
3. Save space – Sliding doors are space saving as they don’t intrude into your home or project externally like hinged or bi-fold doors. They simply glide along a track with one door sliding over the other, instead of swinging open. Bi-fold doors allow you to open up the full width of your aperture and you need to allow enough room for them to fold back to store when open. Often they have smaller glazing areas than sliding doors so your view is more restricted.
4. Easy to use – With a maximum width of 6 meters and a height of 2.4 meters Westcoast Windows’ sliding doors provide significantly larger openings than traditional doors. Their easy glide action makes them quick and effortless to use, for easy access to the outside. Bi-fold doors are generally available in widths up to 1m per leaf and heights of 2.5m–2.8m.
5. Energy efficient – Westcoast Windows composite sliding doors can be double or triple glazed with low emissivity, argon gas filled sealed units incorporating only the best warm edge technology for maximum insulation. Along with the unique bonded aluminium timber construction the sliding doors benefit from exceptional weathertightness and low U-values to allow large uninterrupted views of your outdoor space in even the harshest of weathers. (Which means they’re not just for the summer!)
6. Safe and secure – Westcoast Swedish composite sliding doors are designed and assembled for safety and convenient ease of operation. The robust construction combined with the use of high performance locking devices means the doors offer exceptional levels of security. All Westcoast Windows products have been successfully tested to PAS 24:2016 and are Secured by Design approved.
7. Low maintenance – Westcoast Windows sliding doors and bi-fold combine a warm wood interior with low maintenance aluminium externally, available in a wide range of colours to suit your style and décor. Visit our Homeowner Guidance section and scroll down to APPEARANCE to view the full range of finishes.
8. Glazing options – Energy efficient glazing prevents heat loss and also minimises the sun’s solar energy entering the room and overheating your home without sacrificing daylight. With an expanse of clear glass, your sliding doors will allow unrestricted views of your outside – ideal for parents wishing to keep an eye on their children whilst allowing them to enjoy their outdoor space. We can provide a range of toughened and laminated glass to suit all safety requirements. Visit our Glass page for more information.
Take a look at our INSPIRATION gallery for more inspiration or download the WESTCOAST WINDOWS BROCHURE.
For further information and help planning your project find a Westcoast Windows approved distributor in your area: DISTRIBUTORS or email the office on firstname.lastname@example.org