WESTCOAST SWEDISH ALUMINIUM TIMBER COMPOSITE WINDOWS FOR NEW TOWNHOUSES
Westcoast design and manufacture energy efficient aluminium timber composite windows in our factory on the west coast of Sweden. Our Swedish manufactured composite windows and doors have a unique bonded aluminium and timber composite construction – following the principles of functional, yet elegant design, efficiency and exceptional durability.
We were pleased to supply and install Westcoast energy efficient bespoke composite windows for the development of eight new three-storey townhouses in Westminster.
Westminster City Council’s Infill Programme is focused on making the best use of their existing land to provide new homes for people living and working in Westminster. Contractor Neilcott was appointed to design and construct eight new three-storey townhouses across two separate site locations on former garage sites in Westminster.
The new dual aspect townhouses are affordable homes for social rent and were built as three-bedroom homes, designed especially for families to address local need, with each designed for up to five people. Each house has its own private garden, with practical attractive landscaping, planting and paving. High quality materials were used, including brick in-keeping with the surrounding buildings.
In-line with Westminster City Council’s Climate Emergency declaration, the new homes were built to modern highly energy-efficient specifications. Neilcott was instrumental in developing tender specifications to maximise the CO2 reduction for the scheme to around 57% through:
- Additional PV panels
- Increased wattage of the original PVs shown at planning stage
- Gas fired boilers with flue heat recovery
- Enhanced building fabric u-values
- Detailed early logistics planning and community engagement has been critical to ensure H&S interface and minimise disruption to residents living in close proximity to the works.
Westcoast energy efficient Swedish composite windows played a pivotal role in the achievement of the high energy efficiency of the new homes. Westcoast supplied and installed 150m2 of composite windows, in the triple-glazed Design series. The external high performance aluminium is finished in RAL 7016 Anthracite Grey and the timber window interior in standard white. The homes feature a combination of Top Hung Reversible Composite Windows (TSG180), Fixed Lights (FKG) and Single Terrace/Patio Doors (FDG).
Westcoast bespoke composite windows are a unique design, manufactured with aluminium profiles and high density, slow grown, knot-free laminated timber, sourced from sustainable forests. Supplied as standard with an insulated glazed unit, the windows achieve U-values as low 0.9 W/m2k.
Westcoast has extensive experience in the design, supply and installation of bespoke aluminium timber composite windows for social housing and care developments. Take a look at our case studies for composite windows for commercial developments: CASE STUDIES
Westcoast supplies high performance composite windows for a wide range of commercial and residential applications. The needs of commercial buildings have evolved over the years, with new developments and refurbishments demanding a greater emphasis on sustainability and environmental performance.
Westcoast bespoke composite windows provide:
- A true unique bonded aluminium and timber composite construction for high energy performance with U-values as low as 0.9 W/m2K
- Low maintenance powder-coated aluminium exterior in standard RAL colours or bespoke to your specification
- Warm wood finish internally–lacquered, stained or painted
- Double or triple-glazing
- Acoustic attenuation for high traffic areas
- Solar control coating, self-cleaning glass and fresh air intake louvres as optional.
- Designed and manufactured with the highest quality materials to withstand all weather conditions for a superior lifespan
To discuss Westcoast composite windows for your next development get in touch with our UK team on: email@example.com or call 01359 241944